Vision, Goals & Values
SMGT can provide convenient, hassle-free Australian Apprenticeships to suit almost any business.
- Recruit and screen applicants and bring a short-list of potential candidates to the Host Employer for final selection
- Employ the Australian Apprentice and take responsibility for wages, taxation, leave, superannuation, Workers Compensation and all other administration
- Co-ordinate off the job training and initiate training plans and contracts
- Monitor and provide support to the Australian Apprentice and Host Employer throughout the term of the Australian Apprenticeship
SMGT is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 1983 that operates as a Group Training Company. Apprentices and Trainees are employed under a training contract in which we manage and monitor their training whilst they are placed with a Host Employer.
Group Training provides a link between people wanting to obtain a trade qualification and employers looking for an Apprentice and Trainee.
Benefits of using SMGT
- Fees can be claimed as a business expense
- Applicants are interviewed and screened before you make the final selection
- SMGT accepts all employment responsibilities
- All WorkCover payments and claims management are handled for you
- Induction programs are provided for OH&S, administration and workplace expectations
- Taxation paperwork and group certificates are handled for you
- Off-the-job training and TAFE enrolment is managed
- Safety gear is provided
- Work performance is monitored and assessed
- All paperwork is managed
- Your apprentice or trainee can be returned if work lapses