Apprenticeship – Commercial Cookery
Do you have passion for food?
A willingness to listen, learn and develop your culinary skills?
Want to work for one the districts most reputable Restaurants?
Then apply NOW!!
- Check food to make sure of its quality
- Regulate temperatures of ovens, grills & other cooking equipment
- Prepare food for cooking
- Cook food by a range of methods (eg: baking, braising, frying, roasting or steaming)
- Divide food into portions & make sure that the food is well presented
- Clean food preparation areas & equipment
- Store food in temperature-controlled facilities
- Receive & store supplies
- Make sure kitchen is hygienic & functional
- Plan menus & estimate food requirements
- Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- A high level of personal cleanliness
- Able to plan your time & work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to perform shift work
- Able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Able to work well in a team
- Own transport required
The position is full time 38 hours per week. Split shifts, weekends, nights & public holidays are all required. There will also be a TAFE component, which will need to be completed as part of the Apprenticeship. The successful applicant will be placed on a three month probation period.
If you have any further queries on this position, please contact Shannon Moiler on 0428 552 926 or call the SMGT Office on (03) 5022 1833. Applications to be submitted via the SMGT website.
Applications close Friday 13th of September 2019