Glazier Apprenticeship (20-005)
An exciting opportunity to gain a full time Apprenticeship in Glass and Glazing.
- Work closely with the Manager in the planning, organising and delivery of workloads.
- Minimise waste of any product. Use stock effectively.
- Ensure the quality of work is to a high standard.
- Ensuring work completed information is forwarded to your manager.
- Maintain confidentiality of the workplace and their client's information including personal, medical, financial, performance and business strategies and planning.
- Undertake approved training that is relevant to the role.
- Out of work hours work and travel may be required at times.
- Consult and communicate with the manager on safety issues, procedures and changes in the workplace that affect workplace safety.
- Ensure workplace near misses, incidents, injuries and damage to plant, equipment and structures are reported to the manager.
- Follow client site specific safety requirements when on their site.
- Use resources provided in a respectful manner for what they are intended to be used for.
- Drivers licence
- Assist in maintaining a positive work culture
- Sound level of written and oral English
- Ability to have open and honest communication
- Computer skills in quoting software
- Passionate about the work you conduct
- Good planning, priority, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to relate and clearly communicate with customers, builders and suppliers
- Honest and courteous
- Respectful and compassionate
Position is full time, 38 hours per week. The successful candidate will receive a Certificate III in Glass and Glazing at the end of their Apprenticeship to make them a qualified Glazier.
If you have any further queries on this position, please contact Travis on 0448 541 014.
Group Training Companies are community based organisations who aim to maximise employment opportunities and quality of training for local people and local employers.
Sunraysia and Murray Group Training (SMGT) started in 1983 and initially dealt with apprenticeships only. SMGT is now involved in a range of employment and training programs however apprenticeships and traineeships remain a core activity.
The name 'Group Training' is derived from the concept of a co-ordinated group of employers collectively providing employment and training.
An Apprenticeship (traineeship) is a training program whereby a person is trained in an occupation by means of on-the-job training in the workplace and sometimes off-the-job training at a TAFE college or other registered training provider.
The Vocational Education and Training Act 1990 requires that a Training Agreement be signed at the beginning of a Apprenticeship. The employer then provides employment for the term of the agreement and teaches the occupation including sending the Apprentice to approved off-the-job training (if the training cannot be completed entirely on-the-job). The Apprentice is required to work diligently to achieve the required competencies and must do everything the employer lawfully asks her or him to do.
Level 2 Apprenticeships commence with a one month probation period designed to allow both parties to be certain about the arrangement. If the training is at Level 3 or the Apprenticeship is part-time then a probationary period of three months applies.
Group Apprenticeships is where a group of Host Employers, under the auspices of a Group Training Company, have involvement (short or long term) in the training of Apprentices. Generally, a Apprentice will stay with the one Host Employer for the term of the Apprenticeship, however, the Group Apprenticeships arrangement gives the Apprentice and the Host Employer the security that if employment can not be guaranteed for the entire twelve months that the Apprentice can be swapped to another Host Employer whilst still remaining an employee of Sunraysia & Murray Group Training. Terms and conditions of employment for Group Apprenticeships are no different to other Apprentices.
Whilst there are proven benefits in gaining experience with different employers, this arrangement makes specific demands on Apprentices and SMGT seeks only those who best display desired qualities.
Applicants must have a mature outlook and be flexible and adaptive to different work environments. Evidence of knowledge of the chosen occupation gained through work experience and/or research is essential.
In all activities successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a responsible and determined nature in regard to themselves and others working with or around them.