Traineeship – Child Care Assistant Educator
Child Care Trainee - Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Identified Position
Community Care Services Branch
Part Time Position
Job Number: 19-031
Applications Close: 4pm Thursday 19 September 2019
- Work and be paid while completing your Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care.
Council’s Playalong Early Learning Centre are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and committed trainee to join their team.
As a trainee, you will be working part time at the Centre while you complete your Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care.
. You will be provided with the opportunity to learn and gain hands on experience from qualified educators in a supportive environment.
The Trainee will be responsible for:
- Undertaking training both on the job with the Playalong Early Learning Centre team and with the designated Registered Training Organisation to obtain Certificate III in Early Childhood Education Care.
- Being an active team member who assists in providing a high quality Early Childhood Program/ Curriculum that is delivered in a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment for the children and families, and in accordance with the National Quality Regulations Law and Standards and the policy guidelines established by Mildura Rural City Council.
- Assist in ensuring the wellbeing and safety of all children within the centre, ensuring children are protected and their rights are upheld at all times.
All applications must address the following essential core competencies:
- The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants need to demonstrate their connection to country.
- Genuine interest in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Ability and commitment to undertake and complete all aspects of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education training associated with traineeship.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and show initiative.
Anyone interested in applying for this position is invited to attend an information session where there will be an opportunity to ask questions regarding this role and the application process. This session has been scheduled as follows:
Date: Tuesday 3 September 2019
Time: 7.00pm – 8.00pm
Location: Playalong Early Learning Centre – 75 Lemon Avenue, Mildura Vic 3500
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in attending this session.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Council is a child safe organisation and as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check. Additionally, applicants may also be required to undergo a National Criminal History check and/or medical check as per the requirements of the role.
Applying for this position
All applications must be submitted to SMGT and please include a cover letter and also address the above mentioned core competencies. Please find below the links to the Position Description and also the application form that also needs to accompany your application.