Traineeship in Retail – Part Time
This position is based with a local Independent store, providing various services to the local community.
- Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures.
- Apply occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Learn the Australian Post System.
- Making of Coffee, cooking of fast food, making fresh Sandwiches to order.
- Selling alcohol
- Participate in the sale of supplies.
- Complete and check import/export documentation.
- Package goods.
- Pick and process orders.
- Receive goods.
- Participate in stock takes.
- Carry out delivering operations.
- Deliver a service to customers.
- Have a current drivers licence
- Have or willing to obtain RSA – Victorian
- Ability to manage time, prioritise work and allocate resources.
- Display good verbal and written communication skills.
- Display good customer service skills at all times.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly, efficiently and politely under pressure.
- Be punctual and dressed in accordance to the work environment.
- Have a good level of physical fitness.
Remuneration will be paid in accordance with the National Training Wage – Wage Level A and Retail Award 2010. Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview. The successful applicant will be completing a Certificate III in Retail Operations. If you have any further inquiries for this position, please contact Shannon Moiler 0428 552 926 or (03) 50221833.
Group Training Companies are community based organisations who aim to maximise employment opportunities and quality of training for local people and local employers.
Sunraysia and Murray Group Training (SMGT) started in 1983 and initially dealt with apprenticeships only. SMGT is now involved in a range of employment and training programs however apprenticeships and traineeships remain a core activity.
The name 'Group Training' is derived from the concept of a co-ordinated group of employers collectively providing employment and training.
An Apprenticeship (traineeship) is a training program whereby a person is trained in an occupation by means of on-the-job training in the workplace and sometimes off-the-job training at a TAFE college or other registered training provider.
The Vocational Education and Training Act 1990 requires that a Training Agreement be signed at the beginning of a Apprenticeship. The employer then provides employment for the term of the agreement and teaches the occupation including sending the Apprentice to approved off-the-job training (if the training cannot be completed entirely on-the-job). The Apprentice is required to work diligently to achieve the required competencies and must do everything the employer lawfully asks her or him to do.
Level 2 Apprenticeships commence with a one-month probation period designed to allow both parties to be certain about the arrangement. If the training is at Level 3 or the Apprenticeship is part-time then a probationary period of three months applies.
Group Apprenticeships is where a group of Host Employers, under the auspices of a Group Training Company, have involvement (short or long term) in the training of Apprentices. Generally, a Apprentice will stay with the one Host Employer for the term of the Apprenticeship, however, the Group Apprenticeships arrangement gives the Apprentice and the Host Employer the security that if employment can not be guaranteed for the entire twelve months that the Apprentice can be swapped to another Host Employer whilst still remaining an employee of Sunraysia & Murray Group Training. Terms and conditions of employment for Group Apprenticeships are no different to other Apprentices.
Whilst there are proven benefits in gaining experience with different employers, this arrangement makes specific demands on Apprentices and SMGT seeks only those who best display desired qualities.
Applicants must have a mature outlook and be flexible and adaptive to different work environments. Evidence of knowledge of the chosen occupation gained through work experience and/or research is essential.
In all activities successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a responsible and determined nature in regard to themselves and others working with or around them.